Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

[Q=donnad602] Im staying at Mystic Dunes resorts in Orlando for 3000 points I had the high pressure presentation today and after the good cop bad cop routine I feel very beat up. My crap start by buying in Las vagus the DRI Sample package $2400 consisting of 15000 points good for 1yr. This was my first time using the package and the points so the pressure was to buy a membership at $35000 minus the 2400 I already paid and he through in more stuff ,airline tickets, cruise , more points etc. I wasn't interested because of the MF which started at $900. After 4 hrs and my refusal he basically said I was stupid for not taking the offer . This was one of my worst time share presentation My Point is do not buy from DRI.[/Q] Donna, I couldn’t agree with you more. The sales presentations are horrible with DRI and for that matter many others. I own with DR and Marriott. Marriott used to be much better but now they are just as bad as DR. You have to put a time limit on them and stick with it. If you ask questions, you’ll be there longer. They are used to people saying no so understand that you fill need to be firm. Make them honor there commitment on time. With about 15 minutes let them know you have a commitment that you plan to make because you’re responsible. At the end of your time stand up and prepare to go. If have left you alone start wandering around the sale floor asking to see so and so because you don’t intend to buy. They don’t want other potential buyers hearing that. They’ll start whisking you out toward the gift office quickly.