Report Abuse

Re: Vacation Village in Berkshires Hancock Massachusetts

KC The reason is because seniors in their 60s 70s and 80s, and I have heard from 10 in their 90s, have never encountered a bill they did not pay. They all have the highest credit scores. They have never uttered the word default. If there ever was a bill they did not pay, they would never sleep well again. My mother born in 1909 was like this. They have lived their entire life towing the mark. They can't handle the thought of being in default. That's why. It's their programming that was never more ingrained than in the 40s and 50s. Everyone has their own tolerance for default. There has never been a product you can't sell or give back accompanied by perpetual fees that I am aware of. ARDA's coalition for Responsible Exit works sometimes, but in the case of Vacation Village and Orange Lake you have to prove medical and financial hardship. Being a widow, age 80, Canadian, is not enough. Anita wants to do what she firmly feels is right. We're waiting to hear the VV response. We have an article ready. Anita computerized the first school library in Ontario. She's a very good writer. I published this article on Linked-in about Senior Defaults if RedWeek doesn't mind my providing the link. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/senior-timeshare-defaults-irene-parker/