Report Abuse

Re: Re: Recouping deposits from credit card company after canceling timeshare purchase

[Q=abbya21] Hello! I just wonder if you able to dispute the credit card. We were able to cancel our timeshare. It took us a year I believe. We are trying to dispute the amount that have been used for the downpayment from the Comenity Credit Card. But, its somehow difficult. I just need some advice. Thanks![/Q] Under state law, contract cancellation must occur within 3 to10 days after contract execution, with the exact deadline for rescission being determined by individual state law. Under applicable federal law (Fair Credit Reporting Act), pertinent 100% refund must then be issued within 45 days after a properly and timely submitted contract cancellation. If a credit card was used for the down payment on a contract that was properly cancelled [b]within[/b] the applicable state law rescission period, a credit for 100% of that down payment amount should be issued right back to the very same credit card, within 45 days. I cannot comprehend how or why you are reportedly still dealing with a deposit refund issue a year later if your rescission was submitted in a proper and timely manner. This just doesn't make any sense --- [b][i]something[/i][/b] isn't right here.