Report Abuse

Re: Re: New REDWEEK! Is it typical to NOT hear from a seller? I requested to book over a week ago and NOTHING

[Q=sharonr404] I've also reached out to one rental twice and another one after the first one never responded. Haven't received a response from either and have checked my SPAM folder. This is really disappointing. Owners should be more courteous when using this site.[/Q] In what time period have you received no response? You don't identify that important detail. Many people (including timeshare owners) are travelling right now, whenever and wherever they possibly can, after being so constrained by Covid travel restrictions over the past year. It's also school vacation and the peak time of summer family vacations. I don't have any ads posted on RedWeek at this time, but if I did and then went on vacation with my family for a week (or two), you can rest assured that I would [b]not[/b] spend a single moment of vacation time checking for (or responding to) any inquiries about a RedWeek rental ad I had posted --- at least not until I [b]returned[/b] from that family vacation. To be very clear however, when I post a "for rent" ad, it is several [b]months[/b] (not mere weeks) in advance of the rental date. I have a 100% success and renter satisfaction rate after posting many rental ads on RedWeek over the past ten years or so, so what I'm doing is clearly quite satisfactory for all involved --- [b][i]without[/b][/i] providing "instant" responses to inquiries. No offense intended, but maybe walk a mile in the other guy's shoes and exhibit a little patience? Your own planning may be last minute, but that's not a reasonable basis to expect instantaneous response from advertisers who may not share your personal sense of urgency. To each their own individual view, of course --- you can always choose to just move on to other ads if you are unhappy with the speed of response from any particular advertiser. Personally, I think that "within 48 hours" is a [b]completely[/b] unreasonable expectation for an advertiser response in virtually [b]any[/b] scenario.