Report Abuse

Re: Re: Renting Out Timeshare Getaway Weeks

[Q=annap93] If RCI is not involved in the scam, why wouldn't they pursue the scammers for damages? It is the same company and people every time. RCI is involved in this or they would not have all of our account information from RCI.[/Q] I respectfully but strongly disagree with your unsubstantiated and unfounded statements and conclusions. I have no use for RCI and permanently dropped my RCI membership about 10 years ago. It has always been (and it still remains) my personal suspicion and belief that rogue and / or disgruntled current or former RCI employees occasionally and improperly "share" (i.e., sell) info about RCI members "on the side", without the knowledge of their employer. As a company, however, RCI is certainly not in [b]any[/b] way "involved in the scam", contrary to your absurd assertion. Both RCI and II have been known to suspend (or permanently cancel) the memberships of people / members they catch renting out exchanges, Last Calls or Getaways, but there really isn't much they can do about scammers who fraudulently invoke the RCI name. These scammers routinely change their names and whereabouts --- it's not as though they operate from a single, fixed, known location / address where they could be easily found and served with a summons or subpoena to get them into a courtroom to hold them accountable.