Report Abuse

Re: WALK AWAY FROM TIMESHARE

jons, I don't try to be negative in my repsonses. I am an honest and down to earth person. I don't know many people that will assume an overinflated timeshare mortgage unless it [i]might be[/i] a Marriott, Westin, Atlantis, Disney or some other very high end property, but anything is possible, I guess, depending on the balance. You are right that he could try to sell the week for the cost of the remainder of his mortgage (depending on how much that is). It's near Ft. Lauderdale, but no where near the ocean .... it's inland in a town called Weston, Florida. Edited to add: There's a 2 bedroom, week 52 for sale on Redweek for $5500 at this resort. It has not yet sold. [Q=jons29]jayjay; Don't know why he couldn't sell. All depends on his price. If he wants out of it, his price should be in a range to attract buyers. Doesn't sound like he would want his orginial price. And with having paid his mortgage down, payoff should not be that much. He won't know until he lists it. Your responses alway seem to have a negative touch. Lighten up and offer a solution when somebody asks. Isn't that part of the reason for Redweek, to help out.[/Q]