Report Abuse

Re: WALK AWAY FROM TIMESHARE

Chuck, wow, it must be nice to be that rich :o). [Q=chuckg21] [Q=jayjay] Chuck, I'd be curious to know what he paid for his 12 Marriott platinum weeks and what his yearly maintenance fees are? I can't even imagine :o).[/Q] The cost is expensive, no two ways about it. At the time, he probably paid $28,000 per week, which is a enormous sum of $336,000. However, this guy seemed to be pretty wealthy since he was shopping for a second home for use in the summer in the $1.5 million range. He thought that the 12 weeks at the five starr Newport resort was the better spend then the $1.5 condo, which was not nearly resort quality. Of course, I'm not in that financial category. The fees are about $700 per week, so this guy is shelling out over $8,000 per year, but he said he just wanted the summer escape to the beach and he's happy as a lark. However, he can still trade these weeks for Hawaii or trade for points if so chooses. I also met a dentist who told me that he had 26 Marriott weeks at various properties. I am sure that he bought some of them resale because he was the one that told me about Redweek. Chuck[/Q]