Report Abuse

Re: Re: Seems like I'm Finally Getting Rid of Diamond Resorts Mystic Dunes

[Q=alexanderr73] i would like to termanate my powahtan plantation time share[/Q] Yes, Don P. has a good suggestion above. If you go that route, make sure you tell the resort's Homeowners' Association that you are not going to pay any more money in maintenance fees so it would be in everybody's bet interests to take the unit back. Another possible suggestion is to try to sell it or give it away. You can advertise it for sale or giveaway here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement. Offer to pay the closing and transfer costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. You can also advertise it for free on Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) in the Bargain Deals section. If all else fails, just stop paying maintenance fees and let it go into foreclosure. You might face a ding on your credit score or history. You will also probably face a bunch of annoying collection calls and letters but those will eventually go away. Whatever you do, do not pay any company or law firm that claims it can "cancel" your timeshare. Those are usually scams.