Report Abuse

Re: Re: Yep...the El Cid deal was a bit of a scam.

[Q=larry444] El Cid Misrepresents them self at the presentation when they offer you the ability to exchange into other companys I was offer exchange privileges with RCI and Wyndham vacations with no exchange fees also Infinite privileges that could allow me to book cruises with my points. It took 6 months after signing the contract for it to be active. Once activated I find out these things written into my contract is not available to me. You have 5 days to rescind but if you have a valid contract, I had nothing to rescind. Not until 6 months later Eli Cid decide to change the contract agreement I no longer have a valid contract that El Cid and I agreed to. This contract has been breached Lets see if I am allowed to cancel and receive a refund deception and fraud is what you will get at El Cid presentations[/Q] If you believe that you can substantively [b]document[/b] breaches of [b]written[/b] (not just meaningless and irrelevant oral) representations, contact PROFECO. Don't even bother dealing with the resort if your case is truly solid; you will only get a song and dance routine and lame, convoluted BS from the sleazy resort weasels. Get PROFECO involved; if your case is solid, they will help you and the resort will ultimately relent. However, If your case is merely one of buyers remorse with no actual [b]breach of written contract content[/b] that you can document ([b]verbal[/b] sales weasel statements and claims mean [b]absolutely nothing[/b]), then you have no case and PROFECO will not help you. Good luck!