Report Abuse

Re: Buying timeshare on Hawaii

[Q=stanleyf5] [Q=phill12] Check out internet sales sites for resales, you will save lots of money. Stan.[/Q] ======================================== I was on -line yesterday and checking out Hawaii resales on e-bay! I was checking out Holiday because I have seen many post on sites about them and only down side seems to be their charges after sale. I found couple units that I had interest in with good price. Then you start reading there price break downs and when done with transfers and title you have now spent another $970.00. Other sites run $375.. with no transfer fee or small fee's. I found the amount seem to total out at $500 to $600 to do all paperwork with most companies in Hawaii! I e-mailed asking them about their pricing and had reply that yes these are the charges but they do it right! I guess this means for $500 other companies don't do it right! They charge something like $395 for their charge then state $400-500 for resort to transfer ownership and it just to seem adding up.[/Q] The costs you are speaking about are small compared to the developer price for a week at a Hawaii resort.[/Q] The resorts are charging the transfer fees, not the closing company. For example, Consolidated Resorts charges $550 in transfer fees to new owners who buy resale. It is the developer's way of making money off of resales. They are double dipping, in my opinion, but to get the property for half price, it is a small price to pay. I dislike developers and especially dislike those developers who hold on after the property is completely sold out. We need more independent HOA's that can hire their own management companies. Consolidated owns almost nothing on Maui anymore, but owners are stuck with them anyway.