Report Abuse

Re: Renting Out Timeshare Getaway Weeks

Just received this same call. "Caller offers to rent your "getaway weeks", "bonus weeks" or otherwise rent your timeshare week with the promise of sharing the rental profits with you, but requires payment of an upfront fee." Said they were calling about my RCI or Orange Lake membership. However, when I think back, they never stated "I'm calling from RCI" etc. They guaranteed me $1600-$1800 per getaway week, and I supposedly have 6 of them available, if I would pay a fee of $399 per week. I argued, they lowered it to $299 per week. I said put every bit of that in writing, send me the document, and I'll think about it. Of course, he said they can't do that without my credit card on file. hahaha Anyway. Erica at 321.204.7406 called first. I was transferred a couple of times. Then I got Larry Chase (I'm quite certain all fake names but...) 407.268.6196 or 24 hour CS 800.763.3065. Told them I'd be more than happy to sell some weeks as long as they took that "fee" out of my end profits, and I had it in writing that this was guaranteed within 90 days. You know how that ended..... *click