Report Abuse

Re: Floating time

[Q=theresam76] I'm new and do not know what "Floating" means when I look at properties I am interested in buying. Is "floating" a smart way to go or not?[/Q] With all due respect, you need to learn a LOT more about timeshare before even *thinking* about buying. Short answer to your question is that "floating" means "varies" (you are not guaranteed the same week every year). Having a guaranteed same week each year is referred to as a "fixed" week ownership. With "floating" weeks (also sometimes called "flex" weeks) you next need to ask very specifically if any restrictions exist on reserving a "floating" week at the particular resort. For example, at many places in Florida, you CANNOT reserve a "floating" week during most (or even all) of the winter months. Presumably, that would not be something you'd enjoy discovering AFTER your purchase...... Surprise!!! Read, research and learn lots more before you even *think* about buying. It's a whole lot easier to BUY than it is to SELL, so please do some homework FIRST. Good luck. P.S. You may not have received any reply to your inquiry sooner than this because your inquiring post is in the "points" forum --- but your question really has nothing at all to do with points.....