Report Abuse

Marriott: Own a developer week (prior to 2010), debating adding club points.

Hello, I hope someone can help me clarify something. As noted in subject line, I own a platinum week, 2-bedroom villa at a Marriott property. I spoke at length with a club sales agent, but still have some questions... Issue I am trying to clarify: If I have no points and just use destinations program to covert my owned weeks to club points. Sales agent made it sound like I would have real difficulty finding inventory due to the way the inventory pools work. The claim as that I needed to add points to be a Hybrid owner and get full usage of converting my owned unit to club points. Does not owning actual points in the club make points from an owned week hard to use (lack of inventory)? I was told that points purchased on resale market will not go towards club level benefits (like Bonvoy platinum upgrade). However, my main question is: do resale points purchased on red week, allow me to be a hybrid owner and get full use of the points I would get from depositing my owned week into club program? Much appreciate any help to clarify these questions.