Report Abuse

Re: Marriott System

[Q=garyk11] I am considering selling our 3 bdrm MGC and was wondering what I should know about this from someone who recently bought. How did you find a price that you thought was right? What systems (internet?) did you look at to find a seller? Any other advise would be helpful. Thank, Gary [Q=chuckg21] We have recently purchased on the resale market a 3 bedroom Marriott Grand Chateau, Las Vegas week. Would someone be so kind to let us know if they have experienced any difficulty exchanging Marriott weeks that were purchased on the resale market. We would like to know if we should anticipate difficulty making exchanges with this property to desirable locations, such as Hawaii.[/Q][/Q] I will try to answer the original question, then the post which followed it. My wife and I purchased 4 Mariott timeshare villas on the resale market in the past two years. Two were at Marriott Ocean Point (West Palm Beach, Florida) and the other two were at Marriott Grande Ocean in Hilton Head, SC. We located all these units on Redweek.com and sent emails, through Redweek, to the person advertising on Redweek. These advertisers responded quickly and answered all of our questions. The Ocean Pointe properties were listed by a realtor on Redweek. The properties at Hilton Head were listed by the owner. We followed spoke with the realtor and owner before making our final decision. In our opinion, the closings all went well and we were satisfied with the way all transactions were handled. We are entitled to all rights of MVCI owners who purchased from Marriott, except that we are not able to deposit our week with Marriott for Marriott Reward Points. We still collect Marriott Reward Points, but by staying at other Marriott hotel properties and by using a Marriott credit card. We have been able to exchange our timeshare week at West Palm Beach through Interval International for a week at Marriott Newport Coast, Mariott Grande Ocean, Marriott Barony Beach and Marriott Cypress Harbour in Orlando. We have been very happy with Interval International and they have helped us on two occasions where we had to back away from an exchange at the last minute. When I have deposited a Marriott week with Interval, I also received a bonus week in addition to the week that would replace the one I was trading; i.e., two for one. There are some additional charges and restrictions with the bonus week, but we used it to send out family to a 2 BR villa at a Marriott in Orlando for 4th of July week last year for $299. I don't know if the bonus week applies to all Marriott properties or all seasons. Hope this info helps both of you. Tim