Report Abuse

Re: Deeded Timeshare | Keep or Sell, Pros and Cons

I do not know anything about this CA resort. I will merely note the unfortunate truth that very few timeshares have any significant value in the resale market. In fact, there are currently [b]two[/b] separate 1BR Lagonita Lodge weeks currently being advertised on this very site, each listed for under $400 without selling. Attempting to sell could easily become a time consuming and ultimately unproductive headache, with little (or zero) financial return while you continue to pay fees for something that reportedly hasn't even been used at all in the past 14 years. All four current equal co-owners would also have to agree with selling and all four must be willing to sign a new deed as "grantors" to a new "grantee" (if / when you can even manage to find any such new grantee at all). If one of your family members is willing to become sole owner, I would recommend promptly exercising that option. Of course, all of the other three co-owners must be in agreement and all three must be willing to sign (notarized signature) a quit claim deed as "grantors" to that one sibling. A reliable closing entity like LT Transfers in Georgia can take care of all deed prep and recording and resort notification details for you for under $300. I've used LTT many times myself as both a buyer and as a seller, but I have have no other affiliation with LTT other than as a satisfied repeat customer. Do [b]NOT[/b] for even one brief moment entertain getting involved with [b]ANY[/b] so-called timeshare "exit / relief / escape" / rescue" entity. They are all thieving parasites. Numerous of them have been successfully prosecuted. They would charge you serious money and accomplish [b]absolutely nothing[/b] --- except to let foreclosure occur in a year or two from now and then claim success, proclaiming "See --- you're out now! Just like we said!" (But....no one ever needs to spend a penny just to ultimately be foreclosed upon). You should also contact the resort directly to see if they have an in-house resale program and / or a "deedback" option. Good luck!