Report Abuse

Re: "Provisional" RedWeek Exchange Weeks???

[Q=ken1193] After a week away, this morning I checked the available RedWeek exchange inventory. In looking at one particular Florida location in which I was only mildly interested (Lehigh Acres), I saw several weeks offered as "provisional" exchanges (further described there as being offered subject to the owner receiving a "suitable exchange" in return) and having a "notify me" button to inquire further. These "provisional" exchanges appear as an entirely separate section, located under the "actual" available exchanges. OK, RedWeek, please help me to understand..... In an exchange system which already offers a "search first" capability, what exactly is the point or purpose of having such "provisional" exchange offerings? How /when/why has this feature now been introduced? At least one inquiring mind wants to know more....[/Q] Hi Ken, The provisional weeks was added to RedWeek.com on July 14th. Provisional weeks were added partially in response to customer feedback that people wanted to try the system before committing their week to a deposit. We are unable to take an actual temporary "deposit" and then let the owner take that week back within 3 - 6 months if they can't find the inventory they are looking for, because it is likely that we will not have that person's week to give back to them at the end of that time. So, when an owner does a valuation, we ask them if they have this week reserved, and if they are interested in exchanging it, should they find a suitable exchange. If they say yes, this is shown as a provisional week. When you view the provisional weeks on the site, you can choose to be notified when the week becomes an actual "exchange week" available for booking. Behind the scenes, we combine the data of what you have & what you want in order to make matches that will facilitate a domino exchange effect. Provisionals are also a way of letting you see what other owners have that might be coming down the pipeline, to help you judge whether or not you'd like to participate in RedWeek Exchange. Hope this helps explain 'provional weeks' a little better. Thanks, Marty