Report Abuse

Re: Clubs

[Q=hennyp] I belong to both II and RCI and a couple of the smaller independents. RCI seems to be more engaged in renting out the spacebank inventory (even thru Travel Agents). There is a yearly membership fee for II and RCI- so belonging to both will be more expensive. Others, such as DAE have free memberships.[/Q] ======== Not all RCI inventory comes from weeks deposited by members for exchanges into other resort weeks. Some weeks are exchanged toward cruises and such, so they can be rented or disposed of in some other way. Some resorts give RCI a certain amount of their inventory to secure visitors who might buy there. Fairfield/Wyndham has what they call the PIC program in which I can give them one of my non-Fairfield weeks and get Fairfield points for that year. (Still own the other resort for other years.) I once asked what became of these odd weeks and was told they go direct to RCI. Again, since I was taking nothing out of RCI, these weeks could be offered for rent. Technically, these are not "Spacebank inventory." They may well be some of those mysterious "prime weeks" people complain about not getting with exchanges but seeing on the RCI rentals! MD