Report Abuse

Re: Redweek T/s Exchange - need to pay MF's in advance?

[Q=peter685] [Q=marty8084] [Q=peter685] [Q=jayjay] [b]From what marty stated, Redweek cannot take ownership of the week until maintenance fees are paid. All exchange companies have their own rules and prepaid maintenance fees is merely a Redweek requirement.[/b][/Q] But Marty actually said it was a 'resort rule'. So I'm still a bit puzzled here. Pete[/Q] Hi Pete, I emailed: The Family of Orange Lake Resorts 8505 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, FL 34747 This is their reply: Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, maintenance and tax must be current in order for Orange Lake to release the week to an exchange company. Please let us know if we can assist you further Sincerely, Orange Lake Reservations The Family of Orange Lake Resorts 8505 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, FL 34747 PH : 407-239-0000, Ext. 16075 FX: 407-239-5119 Toll Free : 888-657-3529 Hope this helps, Pete. Marty[/Q] Yes, Marty, it does help, thankyou! I'm getting there. I would be interested to know, however, exactly what you asked Orange Lake in your email. The reason being that in their response, they say that maintenance and tax must be "current". To me, "current" means "up to date", not necessarily "in advance". The specific wording of your enquiry would probably clarify this for me. Thanks again. Pete[/Q] My question to them was "To deposit a week owned at Orange Lake, Orlando with an exchange company are the maintenance fees to be prepaid first?" You can always contact the resort too and ask them if it's their rule or the exchange companies rule. I didn't say what exchange company in my email so I'm assuming it should be the same no matter who you exchange with. Thanks, Marty