Report Abuse

Re: Verified and protected but not handled by Redweek

I think that you might be misunderstanding the details regarding "Verified" and "Verified and Protected" listings on RedWeek. An owner / advertiser can always choose to have their listing be [b]only[/b] "RedWeek Verified". In this option, RedWeek personnel will independently verify the listing's ownership details, but the owner can still determine their own rental agreement terms, their own payment arrangements and their own cancellation policy, with no further RedWeek input or involvement of any kind beyond the verification of ownership and unit for the listing. Redweek "verified [b]and[/b] protected" [b]necessarily[/b] involves [b]RedWeek[/b] handling the receipt of rental payment from the tenant and later (...specifically, 2 days after tenant check-in) RedWeek issuing the rental payment to the advertising owner. I believe there is also a credit card processing fee (charged to the tenant by RedWeek, not charged to the tenant by the owner) in such "RedWeek verified and protected" rental transactions. I hope this helps to clarify the differences between "verified only" and "verified and protected" listings on RedWeek. [Q=donnas744] Is it safe to rent for a new owner to Redweek if it is verified and protected? I usually rent directly through redweek. Is this a greater risk since it is being handled directly by the owner?[/Q]