Report Abuse

Timeshare owners getting hosed on exchanged units!

It seems that every year exchanging gets worse.No matter how good your resort is each year more owners exchanging into the worse units in the exchange resorts. With owners renting their units and the resorts renting it seems that exchangers are getting the worse view, lower end units! This is one reason I have always stated to buy where you want to go and trade is just a backup plan. We hate going some where and depending what unit the person in charge gives you to stay in and in most cases it is not as nice as your unit you gave up! What happen to fair exchange? I know our resort tries to give the exchanger the same units that owner had reserved but many resorts do not work this way! What I 'm saying is that the exchanging families are more and more getting stuck in the bad buildings or units at the resorts.The resorts are keeping better units to rent out for profit. My post has nothing to do with the exchange or the exchange company. I am just talking about the resort assigning you to a unit which in most cases is done couple weeks in advance in most resorts or at time of checkin. The front desk people make changes all the time when you are checking in and this can be good or bad. I have stood at the desk and watch a family ask if they can get a different unit like mountain view because they are checking in couple minutes early and a unit is ready! Then have a family come in on time and told they have a unit change and do not no why but this is your unit now! Sorry but in my opinion this sucks! PHILL12 I edited my posting because it seems Jayjay and Ken didn't understand what I was saying! Hope this clears it up ! Hosing==Screwed