Report Abuse

Re: TIMESHARE OWNERS GETTING HOSED ON EXCHANGES!

[Q=jayjay] I think the confusion was that the title of the thread was 'TIMESHARE OWNERS GETTING HOSED ON EXCHANGES'. It wasn't quite clear if you were referring to people getting hosed by the exchange companies or if you were speaking of units assigned at the resort upon arrival for exchangers. It looks as if there are two completely different discussions in your post, thus the reason for all the confusion. Either way, I certainly don't think there was any bone of contention by me or Ken toward you and I don't think that you took our posts as such. We were just trying to comprehend what you were saying and it took you a few days to get back to your post for an explanation of what you meant.[/b][/Q] What might have messed things up were that I was talking about the resorts assigning a few weeks in advance of your stay and giving out the worse rooms(condition) and keeping the better ones to rent out! I also said that even renting from a owner people get hosed many times because they will pay for a ocean front or beach,pool or great mountain scenes and front desk checks them in to something else and they rent out the great unit while the renters just got hosed! I know for a fact this happens more every year. My own resort stated they try and not change the room if we rented our assigned room but can make the change without notice.They told me that since I had fourth of July week last two years and one of the best locations that if I rented they might re-issue the room to another owner and renter gets hosed or maybe even moved to different buildings. Guess I could have wasted another post for the rental but thought they fit together. I just got off the phone with II and the person I was talking with said same thing. He said few years ago top units went for the exchange but now the families making a exchange come in third behind owners use and resort rentals. He stated its not fair to the exchange process but the resorts can do what ever they want and give any unit they want. He also said I was right and II knows of some resorts that do give the worse units and they are getting many complaints. Maybe this is one reason for II getting rid of the five star rating. Because as far as exchanges many of these resorts doing this are five star resorts giving out three star units. Also if a resort knows you paid good money to rent from a owner and get ocean view and when the front desk gives different location renters are going to be mad! Again the resort front desk can do what ever they want most of the time. If your mad maybe next time you will rent from the resort and not a owner. I do agree that owners using their own resort should be first but exchangers should be second because they are still owners in the timeshare world. Its hard though to put a family renting in a dump and then try and sell them a timeshare. I only put this out here because I thought it was a good topic that effects most of us now. It wasn't as Ken1193 stated complaining or griping or something he said to you about my post.