Report Abuse

Re: DIAMOND AKA SUNTERRA POINTS

[Q=jimb107] [Q=maryloue2] FYI! I see a lot of postings on Red Week from the above owners who are advertising their weeks as points. A. Points are only available on the resale market if you are purchasing from an owner who owns a Deed In Trust. This will give you the right to exchange into the 19 Trust properties or exchange as a TRADITIONAL WEEK through RCI. One can only exchange through II if purchase from the DEVELOPER. B. The Ridge and the Summit Resorts in Sedona do not have any FOUR BEDROOM UNITS! If you purchase a Deed In Trust, 5500 Options will get you a Studio and or a One BDRM. during Low or Mid Season for a one week. C. If you are interested in one of the postings for Sunterra Resorts, I would strongly suggest that one take time and through research so that you know what you will really be purchasing. Diamond Reosorts International recently purchased Sunterra so if would contact them before moving forward. I can tell you that this is the most flexible and easy to use ownerships in the industry. However, one will only be able to enjoy the many additional benifits and have the highest and best use, if they purchase directly from the Developer. My intent in taking time to post this to hopefully bring a greater awareness to those who are interested in purchasing this product.[/Q] This must have been written by a Sunterra Sales Person. In fact POINTS are a SCAM. Since Sunterra No longer exists what good are Sunterra Points !!! There is NO DEED - YOU OWN NOTHING. Since an exchange is based on what Resort your exchanging, how can Points (which are like air) be a better way to exchange. For example if I am giving up a resort in Hawaii and the exchange company has a couple hundred people in their computer(and their credit card) waiting to go there, the exchange system works GREAT -BECAUSE the Exchange Company will actually be making 2 exchanges(which is how they make money) by getting me my exchange. 1.)My exchange fee for wherever I'm going - Plus(2.) the the next person in lines exchange fee to my resort in Hawaii. If your not giving up a resort-how can points work better ??? You want a DEED - which alleviates RISK If anybody tells you something different -WALK OUT or HANG UP .[/Q]