Report Abuse

Re: Help! Someone seems interested in my time share but it doesn't sound legit

[Q=kathleenp72] [Q=marty8084] [Q=kathleenp72] Hi. I Posted my 2bd/2ba floating value season Westage Town center here on Redweek. I received the typicall emails from people asking me to donate (wish I could). I also received an email from someone who claims interest but I am extremely skeptical and here is why. First, the person I will call John Doe is using terrible spelling and grammar. That would be OK but he hasn't even tried to negotiate the price. He just wants to know what the final price is and where to send the check. Am I missing something here? Is there a new scam out there that I missed? Can someone please give me some advice. Is this some kid playing a prank or someone from Africal trying to send me one of those (you have just one the lottery deals....simply cash this check for 100,000. and send the difference heh heh) Appreciate any input Kathleen[/Q] Hi Kathleen, We show that you recently posted your timeshare on RedWeek.com but as of yet we don't show that any emails have gone through our website in response to your ad. Could it be that you also have your timeshare posted on other websites that are creating these sketchy emails? The emails coming from RedWeek.com will say in them "This message was sent through RedWeek.com." If these emails don't say that in them, they are coming from somewhere else. My advice is to not respond to any of these emails you are receiving. They definitely sound like scams. Thanks, Marty[/Q] Marty, Hi. Thanks for the message. I did not post my timeshare on another website. My thought is this person became a member to obtain email addresses but emailed me directly and not through this website. his emails became more and more suspicious and he now claims he is on a business trip in "Africa" and the best way to deal with this is if he can do a wire transfer into my account. I'll be happy to provide redweek.com with any info they may need on this person. Kathleen[/Q] Sounds very strange, Kathleen. Please send any information that you have from this person including the original email to support@redweek.com attn. Marty and I'll be sure to check it out thoroughly. Thanks, Marty