Report Abuse

Re: Convert Floating Week to Marriott Reward Points

[Q=angelinay] [Q=mike1536] Probably not. When the original owner bought from the developer (or from a Marriott rep) he received the Rewards Points as one of the perks, but it is has no value when it comes to resale. This will probably be confirmed or denied by one of the "resident" Marriott experts (i.e. Eric).[/Q] Thank you for your response. My other question is, would I be able to trade my week for a different Marriott resort. Would have been a plus to be able to convert unused weeks to Marriott Reward Points for use at hotels.[/Q] Angelinay, To convert to Rewards Points you must purchase from Marriott. Conversion of your floating week to Marriott Rewards Points is an incidental benefit of purchasing directly from Marriott Vacation Club. Yes, it certainly is a plus to be able to convert villa for the Marriott Rewards for hotel and airmiles packages. Of course you can still exchange your week via Interval to another Marriott Vacation Club resort or any II affiliated resort. Mike, You were too kind to defer to my "expertise". You were right. I also just try to be accurate and careful to answer correctly. Regards, Eric