Report Abuse

Re: Help! Someone seems interested in my time share but it doesn't sound legit

[Q=ken1193] While TUG is a great site frequented by many knowledgeable timeshare owners / users, it's a long and well established fact that TUG ads (where actual email addresses are posted within the ad) are the source of many, many scam emails, presumably because viewing the ads is easy, free and readily available to "bots" which harvest email addresses. Some folks complain about having to pay a fee to join RedWeek in order to be able to see the ads here, but scammer emails via RedWeek are, in my personal experience, VERY rare indeed. I guess scammers generally don't want to pay, register (and /or be traceable). Unwelcome solicitations from commercial rental brokers routinely responding to posted RedWeek ads is another matter entirely , however...[/Q] [b]Ditto what Ken said above. I'll gladly pay the Redweek membership fee so that my email address is not readily available to any and all scammers/spammers as it is on Tug. I can't believe they haven't programmed their site to hide all email addresses from public view. They certainly have the membership funds to do so.[/b]