Report Abuse

Re: Exchanges to Disney World resorts (or anywhere for that matter!)

[Q=carold135] Was Just reading comments from owners and this one on Disney really bothered me. We are Disney owners and for two years I have been trying to exchange our points for ANYWHERE and Disney keeps telling me nothing is available thru Interval. This is during slow periods for say going to Hawaii and for a great period coming to Disney. We do not deal with Interval ourselves, Disney handles this. Now I am beginning to wonder what is going on.[/Q] I'm truly a bit puzzled here, since you can only ever exchange a booked week anyhow, never just "raw" points. Therefore, in the absence of a booked week to start with, Disney would be in NO position to offer you ANY informed input whatsoever on what might be available from II. If I was in your shoes, I'd be booking my own Disney weeks with points first, then searching II inventory myself for what I want. Why involve or rely upon Disney at all? Also, keep in mind that with II (unlike with RCI) you can search BEFORE having to relinquish (deposit) your booked week. Likewise on RedWeek. Only RCI has "deposit first, then hope" as their exchange procedure.