Report Abuse

Re: Best resorts to vacation out west...give me some ideas, please:)

[Q=adahiscout] maryloue2 says: I only stay in resorts that are five star or gold crown and Diamond is the only company that trades with II on points as II is not a point base system. Diamond has quite a few properties in the Southwest but you can also exchange through II and the availability is great using points, unlike trading with a traditional week. ===== Our first membership with Interval International was through the Bluegreen system which uses points. One simply uses owned points to reserve a full week and then banks it with II, just as we do with RCI. Do you mean that Diamond has an arrangement with II that lets you exchange for partial weeks, as you can in the RCI Points system? MD[/Q] ======================== With Bluegreen you had to book a week, then exchange with II. I believe the arrangement between II and Diamond (Sunterra) is similar to the RCI Points program. You can book a week with II using your Diamond Points. Diamond will then deposit a comparable unit into the II system. I don't know if there are provisions to book a partial week as with RCI, though you can book a partial week within Diamonds Resort system. MaryLou, feel free to confirm, clarify, or elaborate. Mike