Report Abuse

Exchanges to Disney World resorts (or anywhere for that matter!)

[Q=mike1536] [Q=joann195] [Q=bev134] I can't seem to find any of the Disney World resorts (owned and operated by Disney) on II. I have no idea of how to go about exchanging if I don't see something pop up as an exchange on II. Any ideas?? Do I deposit what we own first? Do I make a request first? Are there any other exchange companies to work with that have more availability? I love our Hawaii properties but we don't want to go there 4 weeks every year! Help![/Q] It is beause in order for us DVC members to exchange we have to atually book a week. I would like to try to utilize the exchange system in redweek but in order to do that I would have to book a week I am unsure anyone wants and try to use it to swap. Which is not the best senario if we cant find anything. We are on a point based system. If we choose to trade which I have done through intereval, we do it through Disney only after a trade if found do we give up equivalent points, not an actual week. Also there are many DVC reports we can utilize in Disney, Florida's Vero Beachwhich is fabulous as well as Hilton Head SC, Disney California, and cruise line.[/Q] ============= If you use the RedWeek Exchange system, once you book your week with DVC and deposit it in the system, you get your points to use for three years. If for some reason, no one wants to use the unit (highly unlikely) it is RedWeek's issue, not yours. I'm sure you will get a good amount of points for a Disney deposit. If you want to see how many points you would get for an exchange, submit a "hypothetical week" for an evaluation. If you want to follow through with the deposit you will then have to actually book the week. Pick the best week in terms of demand for the best point values. Be advised though, that the RedWeek exchange system is in its infancy and there are more Provisional deposits than actual deposits. So if you're looking for a high-end resort, it may or may not be available. Also check the RedWishes. There is usually someone looking for Disney units. Good Luck Mike[/Q] Thanks Mike