Report Abuse

Which Island

[Q=teresaf61] My family and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in June...Doing research on the islands is getting overwhelming......We have a 3 year old that will be traveling with us. I am trying to find the perfect place for all of us. We are not the night life people So I am going for quiet with some daytime activities.....Nice beaches are a must....I think I am leaning toward Maui...then where on Maui? North, East, West, South...I don't have a clue.....Does anyone have any advice?[/Q! Go to the Big Island and stay in Kona. Kona has great shopping, lots of neat restaurants and several golf courses. The best thing about the Big Island is that there are sooo many things to do and it is much less touristy and expensive as Maui. Volcanoes National Park is amazing and you may be able to hike to the lava flow, but at the very least, you can do short hikes in the rain forest or the lava tubes. Hapuna beach is 45 minutes away and is always rate as one of the Top 10 beaches in the US--1/2 mile wide and the best view of whales right from the beach--although there aren't very many in June. Good luck w/your decision. Kathy