Report Abuse

Re: Difference of Villas 1 and villas 2

[Q=james3456] Yes there is a real difference. Villas 1 is of the top of any Marriott anywhere and they are not going to build em like this again. They are larger and bigger is definately much better in this case. They have recently been updated. The living room is sunken and the ceilings are higher. A lot more glass and light and distance from neighbors with much larger balconies. It is a gorgeous ode of wasted space. What is the real plus which you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere is Villas1 has spa access included no extra charge by contract which Villas2 does not have. They just tore the spa down and rebuilt, opening July 2007 ie now open with an adults only pool which is etra special :) Most folks staying here don't seem to know and use this. Both 1 and 2 have access to the hotels massive pool complex as will as many pools at the time share. I suggest R,S,T buildings, they sit high and have better mountain and cross city views with more privacy and were among first to be updated, but did retain some fake plant arrangement which should have been taken to brighten some landfill though we just put it in the closet. Villas2 very nice and still much nicer than most timeshares you'll find (they show Villas2 photo on redweek) Villas2 are more narrow and built to maximize the number of units, but really not to be compared with Villas1. If you can't get into 1 staying at 2 is fine and would be prefferred over Marriotts Shadow Ridge. However, if I couldn't get Villas 1, for me the next best thing in the desert is the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage though beware of spring wind.[/Q] QUESTION: What do you mean that VILLA I has access to the SPA? VILLA II does not? If you buy a VILLA I resale, would the use of the SPA transfer?