Report Abuse

Re: Exchanging times and other stuff

[Q=lindseyr9] I would definitely suggest buying from someone who already owns rather than the developer. There are many people very frustrated with the inability to rent (we're hoping this will change once the golf course is complete), and who are selling for much less than they paid. I'd try that option first.[/Q] You are absolutely correct. I am in discussion w/ a couple of brokers and owners and apples to apples the resale prices are many $K lower (in terms of maintenace and cost of the ownership) than for "new" from the developer. It seems (from the online postings) if you have prime time (Xmas or Thanksgiivng) you can be pretty assured of renting.The softness of the rental and resale mkts motivated me to look at resales. As I said in another post we saw the grading and foundation work for the golf course(s) and the Ritz when we were down there in April and they look like a near time reality. If so and if there's not too much overbuilding, the rental (and resale) mkts should firm.What has been your experience generally as an owner? Thanks