Report Abuse

Now how do I make my exchange? Maybe you don't...

[Q=paull152] Re: >> I own at El Moro in Mazatlan...week 27. Bought it 1992 (20 year) and have exchanged every year through RCI. Called RCI today and they tell me they can't do it anymore....I need to call the resort in Mexico to make my request!<< ================================================ I don't know a thing about your particular resort, but based upon what you have described and the bit of info provided, it would certainly APPEAR that perhaps your resort is simply no longer affiliated with RCI. That "affiliation" is a mutual, contractual (...but finite --- NOT indefinite or lifetime) arrangement. Once the contractual afffiliation between RCI and a resort is no longer valid (BOTH parties have to agreee to a continued affiliation), RCI would simply then have no authority or abillity to take a week from the (formerly affiliated) resort as a deposit or exchange from anyone or at any time. As much as I dislike RCI, you can't really blame RCI alone for such a situation. You should certainly contact the resort directly to find out if / how or why the RCI affiliation has been terminated, if that is, in fact, the case here. It happens, for a variety of reasons (often due to a significant and unacceptable physical deterioration of the facility itself).