Report Abuse

An RCI exchange with no RCI deposit? Sounds odd...

paull152 states in part: >>The RCI rep told me that I can still use them for the exchange but that the El Moro now wants all deposits done directly with them. You very well may be right....they may not be working directly with RCI any more.<< ================================================ The above RCI rep assertion is truly puzzling to me, since the whole exchange concept and program with RCI necesssarily involves (by its very definition) RCI "taking in" a deposit and then (in concept, anyhow) making available to the RCI member a comparable week in "exchange". How this would (or possibly could) work with RCI not actually getting the deposit from the owner in the first place certainly makes me wonder how /if they could actually offer an "exchange" in return. It's a bit baffling to me, and I'll be most interested to hear what you learn and experience with this unusual predicament. Then again, it could also simply be an inaccurate representation by the RCI rep. To say that inaccurate statements by RCI reps occur on a regular and routine basis would certainly be a substantial understatement...