Report Abuse

Re: Organize group protest/damages for not getting golf course completed in timely manor

We purchased originally three years ago and were given "an exclusive golf membership only available to the first 50 owners" as an incentive to buy. Golf course? Nada. Membership Nada. We arrived at Monte Cristo this month and were given an "Update" and encouraged to trade into the new phase of Monte Crist for only $50k more. We were told that Jack Nicklaus would have the first course completed this summer '09 and given an excerpt from the Jack Nicklaus website about his involvement. I went to the Nicklaus website. Guess what? According to Jack the course is scheduled to be open the summer 2010! The course is owned and controled by Jack Nicklaus and Ritz Carlton for use of their joint development. Monte Cristo is not even mentioned. I guess if were lucky we will be "guests" and not members. With the downturn in the economy and Mr. Coppel's recent divorce I don't think he has the money to build another course for Pueblo Bonito and Monte Cristo. I know I'm not going to hold my breath.