Report Abuse

What keeps you from using Redweek Exchange?

[Q=jeffcarp] I am just curious what keeps others from using Redweek Exchange? For me, I have two issues: first, the long term viability of the program itself. [/Q] I can only speak about II as we haven't had to deal with Rci in more than twenty one years now and never will again. With II you can make a exchange and its timeshare for timeshare and no extra money in someone's pocket. II has top rated resorts and Redweek gets lower tier resorts and off weeks/seasons. Many of these can be found on last minute rental listings on Tug for few hundred dollars. These are great if you can go in a short time period. The provisional list is a waste of time because most will never be deposited. As seen since the start Redweek doesn't get many of these higher tier resorts and when one slips by its off season or bad weather weeks. We have had many postings on getting rid of it but this is free advertising for Redweek. When a higher tier resort with a good week shows up there are people on speed dail to grab them to rent because Redweek lets anyone rent your timeshare out for profit! This is something Rci and II and others do not allow! This was the subject of another long heated posting few months back. One reason for not using this exchange is I just do not see anything getting better like Redweek spending some of its own money to bring in some higher quality resorts. I will not give Redweek my Premier rated resort like last year July 4th week in Lake Tahoe that was full and pay them more money to stay in a timeshare that has less value than ours! Seems every move you make on here cost you more money in Redweeks pocket. I think the best statement that comes to mind about the whole Redweek site is they nickel and dime you to death! Instead of having one fee to become a member with all rights to this forum they charge a fee to join and then charge for rental ad or sales ad or wishlist ad. They charge extra fee to someone to exchange and then a extra fee to upgrade your exchange. I'm shocked they haven't found away to charge for every post or reading one yet! A few members on here question why you could go on the Redweek rental forum and rent same resort and weeks for a third of the cost they wanted in a exchange without giving them your unit with never a reply from Redweek! Rating system is way out of line when you find a resort on the rental site for $700-$1000 and on the exchange Redweek wants something like $2350 points/dollars for the week. They list this charge as points but each point same as a dollars. When you say points it just slides off people's back but say dollars and it gets people's attention. Also one of the questions has been does Redweek charge the same amount of money for the unit as they gave the owner or do they build in more profit by charging more and again no answers.These are questions Redweek has not answered! Bottom line for us using II is I can make a better quality exchange with II and no paying out extra money. Second is I can use the getaway and again get better resorts in most cases at a third of the cost! It seems that this exchange is headed the wrong direction and no improvement and less inventory and even more lower tier resorts if that is possible. It isn't even talked about much any longer except once in a while someone will ask on Tug what is wrong with this exchange or has anyone used it lately with very few responses. Redweek requires you to pay your maintenence fee before making a deposit into their exchange. Our dues are paid on Jan 10th of each year so we couldn't even deposit our week until then which gives you less points. You then would need to line Redweek pocket with extra money to get most exchanges. We can just do so much better and no hassles and no lining the pockets of this exchange with extra fee's.We will stick with II to make our exchanges! This is my reasons for not using the Redweek Exchange! The last time I checked out the listings (2009) it was worse than at the beginning and I see no hint of improvement. PHILL12