Report Abuse

RedWeek valuations...

[Q=ken1193] Yet, it certainly does seem (at least to me, anyhow) that RedWeek has sometimes assigned point values based almost exclusively upon advertised private rental figures at some resorts... [/Q] Earlier in the year, I questioned some of the inconsistencies of the valuation of my NH timeshare and eventually they all but admitted that there wasn't enough "rental data" on my resort (I guess they failed to go to the resort website). The odd thing is that I listed my unit for rent with Redweek, but I price it very competetively (enough to get my MF plus a small % extra). So by pricing my unit low, I'm "shooting myself in the foot" and lowering the valuation for the exchange. Seeing RedWeek is based out West, I don't think the staff in the exchange department really understands the value of Eastern Timeshares (try to get a summer week in New England, especially Cape Cod). There are probably more TS units in Orlando, than there are in the entire New England region. Even "oversaturated" Williamsburg is a popular destination in the summer. I still try to keep an open mind, but as of yet I have not seen anything of value for me to complete an excange.