Report Abuse

Re: Will rci points work for us?

[Q=barbarap242] I had a look at the link to the 3yr RCI points thing, I am a little confused as to what you actually pay. For example the 63k had a fee of 1226 I think, do you pay that year 1 and only in the 1st year or it that all three years (ouch). Does RCI roll over points for three years or just two. It's a little confusing on what you get. With no home resort or nothing to fall back on, I guess it's only a three year risk though. I dunno. Barb[/Q] The $1226 is for the FIRST year (it does say that, but you might have missed it). It consists of: $299 - ONE TIME admin fee and closing costs $224 - RCI Membership (one time set-up fee & 1st yr's memb fee of $124) $99 - The 3-YEAR lease cost (payable every 3 yrs) $604.80 - Annual MF. In the 2nd and 3rd years, you would owe the MF ($604) and the RCI Membership ($124). Though I would suggest that if you go this route, you call RCI and pay the extra $200 to extend your membership fee for 3 years & to lock in the price. If you want to continue, then you pay another $99 for the next 3 years. Keep in mind that any of these fees may go up. Even if you buy at Grandview, you will still own the annual RCI fee and annual MFs. The big advantage to the lease is it give people the ability to try the system and save them the headache of trying to get rid of a TS years from now. I wish I saw that before I bought my Points TS. The points will rollover for one year. So if you start with 60K and only use 50K, the next year you will have 70K. If you again only use 50K (the 10K left over from year 1 and 40K from year 2), then you will have 80K in year 3. You are also allowed to borrow (at think up to 50% of the NEXT year's allocation as well. You should not have too many problems getting into Las Vegas or Mexico, especially if you book at the start of the 10 month window or if you travel in the off season. Many Mexican resort are mandatory AI. If you cantravel on short notice (within 45 days), you can book a week at a weeks resort for anywhere from 7500-9000 points. You may want to sign up on the TUG forum as well (www.tugbbs.com). There are threads for Point Discussions as well as threads for individual resort systems.