Report Abuse

Re: Will rci points work for us?

[Q=barbarap242]I was considering EOY aswell, since that might just free us up to step out of RCI on occasion and do our own thing. I was considering EBAY, Grandview las vegas rci points since we kinda like the off the strip location and it's sorta within driving range of us if we ever had to give up on RCI like I have seen alot do. [/Q] If you decide to buy any TS with the intent to use your home resort (a smart idea by the way), be sure to buy the week and unit size you will want now AND later. You still have to pay an annual RCI membership whether or not your unit is annual or EOY. If you have an EOY and you don't use all your points, it will only carry over to the next year and you will lose them before you get your next allocation (though you can always borrow from the next allocation if needed) Confusing, but I'll let you "do the math" :). [Q]I have to say I feel very skeptical about that whole rci 3yr right to use thing to be honest. Instinct tells me to avoid it, if that makes sense. I may be wrong. [/Q] From what I know, California law allows TS to offer a Right to Use for as little as 3 years. The resort that offers the package is Club Trinidad [URL="www.clubtrinidad.com"]www.clubtrinidad.com[/URL] in Palm Springs. There are Several people on TUG who have taken advantage of the lease. Here's the link to the latest TUG thread [URL="http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86053"]3-year lease[/URL]. It's been around for a awhile and the topic bounces around, but pose any questions there.