Report Abuse

Re: VILLA 15

I was told in person that our contract had been canceled and there was nothing we could do about it. I asked when we were going to be told about this and I was sent down to Membership Services, and told the notice was mailed out, via regular mail, on December 29th. However, that notice has yet to arrive. However, I did get an emailed copy of the notice which has no date on it and doesn't reference which section of the contract they are using that allows this to happen. I think they are in violation of their own rules, as I think Article Seventeen requires such notice to be sent via Certified Mail. We were 2 year late in paying the fees when the letter was mailed. This is because we have been trying to sell the unit since a month after we bought it and finding out all of their promises were not correct. The company they told us to use has not sold one unit in the two year we have had it listed with them. Article Thirteen provides denial of time share use when payments are not up to date, which I understand. However, canceling the contract seem very harsh, especially when there was never any notice given that this would occur if payment was not received within a time certain. It was a very expensive lesson, and I don't think ANYONE should buy here without having their attorney read, and warn about, all of the fine print. There seems to be fine print to cover the sales people from all of the promises they make. And, having othave any law suit heard in Cabo gives them even more protction. It was especially hard for us, as neither of us are working now and we are still making payments on the $86,000 that we borrowed with nothing ot show for it.