Report Abuse

Re: VILLA 15

We paid the entire $86,000 off within 60 days which gave us a discount on the $90,000. The payments I am making are for money I borrowed on my Home Equity Line of Credit. I also read about their ability to to keep us from using the unit when we were behind in the payments. I fact, when we received our bill for this years maintenace fee, which was in November, it contained a highlighted clause stating, " We wish to remind you that you may not use, rent, loan or trade your fractional interest intervals unless your maintenance fee account is current and up to date." However, only a month later, they canceled our contract. They are saying that Declaration Twelve is what they are basing this decision on. This Declaration states, "The Provider or the User shall be able to rescind this same contract in any of the following cases: When the user or the provider do not fulfill any obligation charged to him under the same contract." I have talked to a couple attorneys, including one in Mexico, and I have been told that Pueblo Bonito is a huge company that is very well positioned in the area and no judge nor jury, in Cabo, will ever go against the hospitality industry. I had an attorney from here send them a letter regarding another issue, and Pueblo Bonito didn't even give a written response. However, I did get an email from the sales manager telling me that going to court in Cabo would only result in me paying a lot of attorney bills but would not do me any good. I think the best time to get an attorney involved is before signing any contract. I don't think too many attorneys would ever suggest signing one. We should have ran as soon as we read the clause stating, " We have been offered nothing else by our sales respresentative except what is stated in writing with at least one Montecristo Estates authorized signature. Under no circumstance will a verbal offer agreement cancel or supersede what is described in the sales document." In other word, if it isn't in writing it isn't true.