Report Abuse

seeking advice from Southeastern road warriors

[Q=mike1536] I've never been to Atlanta, but my suggestions was based purely on mileage between Cincy and Ft. Lauderdale. Most large cities I've visited usually have zoos, museums, etc to keep people occupied during the day. Living in the northeast, I would not hesitate to suggest people take a trip to Boston. However, since I've never been to Atlanta, I cannot compare the two cities.[/Q] [b]Atlanta is somewhere near the top of the list for cities with the worst traffic problems. The thing about Atlanta is that the suburbs have dwarfed the socalled bypasses and there's no easy way to get around the city. We've gone through Atlanta many times and it's seldom that we weren't held up in traffic for a long wait for a mere fender bender and a far worse wait for a wreck. For some reason they can't seem to get the autos out of the way without a long wait. We've actually gone out of our way to bypass Atlanta via small towns on two lane winding roads, the traffic is that bad and most Atlanta drivers don't know what a speed limit is going 80+ miles an hour .... they pass us like we're sitting still.[/b]