Report Abuse

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts

We bought additional time/points 2 years ago (and had previous week converted to points for free) and again last year and have had wonderful success using them. This past Monday we completed an 11-day stay in a 3-BR unit in the East village and used less than 280K points (normally close to 375K points), because we got a free upgrade based on our HIVC Premier level status (which also got us a 4 hour early check-in). We are returning on 8/08 for 9 days and had no problem getting a 2-BR unit in the North village. The whole HIVC points system isn't for everybody - some like it (us), others may not. I've used my points for rental cars and airplane tickets in the last two years with no hassle. I've carried over points with no hassle. I've been an owner there for 15 years and never paid a housekeeping fee, so I don't know what that's about. In fact, we got a free mid-week cleaning last week while we were there. When we were on the weeks system, we still paid a fee to go there outside of our week, and it was higher than the $40 they charge now, as you had to go through RCI even though you owned there. This is a much better system, in my opinion. My family really enjoys OLCC, and I am very sorry that you are not comfortable with the changes being made. I will say that I agree that there may be some down sides to it, but I've been able to utilize the new system pretty well and am happy with it overall. There is one heckuva lot more flexibility with this system than with RCI, and I oftentimes had trouble getting in when I wanted to through RCI. I know others reading this may not agree, and I respect that. Some people like Fords and others would not drive one if you gave it to them for free. As to the levels of ownership, some might view it as mostly a sales ploy, but if you are going to own more time there, why not get some perks for it? The airlines and rental car companies do this all of the time, as do some hotel chains. I think they wanted to offer perks like others do, as research shows people like that.