Report Abuse

Re: Sunterra Points

[Q=donaldb42] I thought the Sunterra program was a worth while purchase 3 years ago when in Phoenix, Az. My questions are; how can I convince Diamond Resorts to take my unit back[/q] You tell them that you can no longer afford the rising MFs and ask them if they want to take back your deed. You chances of them accepting this offer is probably slim and none. [Q=donaldb42] how do I go about selling points to a current owner of Diamond resorts TS since they would stand to gain the most benefit of a purchase (trying to list on Redweek)[/Q] Do you own a deeded week or just X number of points in the Club. Did you buy in Scottsdale? That resort is one of the 20 or so resorts which is part of the FL Trust? If you resell, do you just sell the deed to your home resort and the ability to exchange into one of the resorts in the Trust. Redweek , TUG, and My Resort Network are all places to start listing your TS. [Q=donaldb42] and last, has anyone considered turning their purchase over to a co. known as timeshare relief services who claim to lift the burden of yearly maint. fees , etc.? [/Q] People have paid thousands of dollars to these "postcard companies". However, theses companies usually do not take ownership of the property, but instead have you sign a Power of Attorney allowing them to sell you property (usually for $1 on eBay). If the property is not sold, you will still be on the hook for all MFs and Special Assessments. Better for you to sell it on eBay for $1 and even offer to pay all or some of the closing costs. Tug and RedWeek also have bargain basement sections.