Report Abuse

Re: Transfer of Golf Benefits

Value is not based on reality. Value is based on expectation or perception of reality. In this case, I believed that the golf benefits would transfer and had I known they did not I would have adjusted my price accordingly (or not bought at all). I have polled several owners here and I have yet to find someone that knew that the golf did not transfer. So, while a salesperson might tell you this, they most certainly won't until you ask point blank. 'Fact remains, even though I did ask point blank 3 years ago when I bought, they told me everything transfered and mentioned no exceptions to that. I would argue that, even though there is not a golf course, it still affects resale value (for the buyer who is smarter than I and doesn't believe the salespeople here and gets it in writing) and is therefore relevant to anyone who is trying to sell in a pinch. And from what I have seen on the timeshare sales boards that number is increasing rapidly. Fortunately, I do still have maintenance fees at about half of what people are paying now because I bought from an early owner. And that did transfer.