Report Abuse

Re: VILLA 15

Nothing really changed at all with Quivera from last year except the prices have come down. Last year I am sure they told me the prices were anywhere from 5 - 19 M $. This year they have sold 3, are building 1 and 3 pending and they are 3 - 7 million. New is the fact that Montecristo is now part of Quivera. MC sales guy Alberto at owners meeting tells me the plan is to have a single common Fideocommisso (sp?) trust for all owners across the resort AND this is GREAT (his words) for us because they are inpertuity meaning noone has to renew at 50 or 100 years (which excludes of course time share people but includes fractionals for MC1 and 2). Many people misunderstood the 50/100 year thing at MC as a right to use that terminates in 50 or 100 years but it never was that. The 50 or 100 years was just how often the owner would have to renew with the bank trust. Bob, new sales guy over at Quivera says this is crazy and the Quivera home sales on the beach as well as the Ritz Carlton Residence (really condos) above Pacifica (which are also new this year) will each have their own individual bank trust. Also Bob tells me, look for even more condos in the places where they were planning homes further back from the beach also behind the residences and Pacifica which seems to be new. This is the odd case where I really don't think either sales guy is intentionally lying. Just somewhat clueless. Cheese and wine seemed very similar to last year but what was different was that only myself and one other group of 4 people (all of them together) attended this particular wednesday. And, as it happens, these people just happen to own the two weeks in villa 15 right after me in August (they are in a different villa for the first part of the month). So they very kindly invited me down to their villa for dinner that evening as they had caught several tuna and were grilling that evening. I may just become a fisherman after all:)