Report Abuse

Learn to use the system

[Q=stevet216]My MOM has 130000 points and 3 weeks which means nothing since she cant uses them for any real. Their are so many loopholes and "special rules" the little saving is not worth the frustration. is there any way to navigate this system? She is 78 and I now do all her bidding for her. I have just started delaing with this and am already tired of putting on hipboots (to wade through the you know what) everytime I speak with someone (and it is never jsut one person) at RCI[/Q] I am an owner of an RCI Points resort which gives me around 61,000 points/year. I do not work for RCI and like you I am slowly learning the system. 130K points is a lot of Points in the RCI system, but yes you do have to go through the hassle of the online searches, etc. Over the past two years, we were able to take vactions to Palm Springs, CA and St. Maarten; and send my daughters and their friends to Aruba for 5-6 nights. It does offer a lot of options. If you are flexible and are willing to travel on short notice in the off season, you can find some great deals for a weeks vacation for 9000 points or less. There are ways to use your points towards hotel and airfare costs, but this is usually not the most economical use of the points At what resort or resorts does you mom own the three weeks? Will she enjoy just staying at the resort where she owns? If so, then she can drop out of RCI Points after three years and just use her home resorts. While I might not know all the nuances of RCI Points, I’ve been involved for a while, so if you have any specific questions, I may be able to help you “wade through the you know what” without getting your hipboots too messy :). Also sign on to the TUG Forum [url=”www.tugbbs.com”] www.tugbbs.com[/url]. There are plenty of other owners who share your frustration and can also help with you and your mom make the best use of the timeshares.