Report Abuse

Re: Garden Villas

You are correct about Garden Views. They are in the lower floors of the two buildings away from the beach and behind the three beachfront buildings and most likely offer no view of the ocean. Upper story units in these two back buildings are classified as Ocean View and this is where I own. I was able to schedule a private tour of these upper level units on my stay in 2008 before the building was open and can tell you the views are very nice. Some of the ocean is still blocked but the view is much more panoramic and the ocean can be seen between the ocean front buildings and up and down the coast besides. Something that cannot be done from Ocean VIEW units in the two side, ocean front buildings which only go as high as 5 floors. There are pros and cons to each of the buildings in this resort depending on your preferences. The indoor pool, weight and excercise room, saunas and steam rooms are between the two rear buildings but indoor parking is not connected to either of these buildings. There is, however, an outdoor pool (called the Woodsy pool) with water slide, walk-in pool with fountains for toddlers, tree house, putting green and other amenities next to the rear buildings. The beach, main pool w/pool bar, snack bar and convenience store, activities center with Roz, the activities director (who is great!), check-in w/sun deck and the sales office are in and around the front three buildings. A Marriott Hotel sits right next door with its spa and usual hotel amenities (restaurant and lounge) also available for use by the resort guests. All in all, this is a smaller, very beautiful resort in a quiet, scenic location, with a wonderful beach and lots more to offer.