Report Abuse

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts

[Q=bettyc100] ...the idea of using points for airline tickets and hotel rooms sounds very enticing. However, how do we know if the points are worth the value for which we paid? We book airline tickets several months in advance and usually find reasonable prices. Does anyone have any information that would shed light on our decision making?[/Q] I looked into just that after one of the upgrade pitches. The points cost for airline travel was so expensive, it was comical. I don't remember the exact number, but it was _multiple years worth of points_ to exchange for a couple of airline tickets. The system works best when exchanging room for room or points for rooms as the system was intended, in my opinion. We almost bought an extra year worth of points our first year, but backed out before the paperwork was signed. The second year, the sales rep sensed we weren't really going to buy, asked us if this was so (we said "No" we won't be buying) and spent the next 20 minutes or so chatting about Orange Lake and Global Access. I can't understand why they would have wasted their time as much as yours holding you for 4.5 hours. We have enjoyed the $50.00 coupon for watching the sales pitch, though. ;)