Report Abuse

Re: Orange Lake Resorts

[Q=adahiscout] Is Orange Lake an "RCI Points Resort"? If not, I don't see why anyone would expect to be able to combine Orange Lake points with RCI points. One can't combine Wyndham points with "RCI Points" and Wyndham Owns RCI! They are just not the same thing. [/Q] Orange Lake is not owned by Wyndham. It was founded by Kemmons Wilson, the man that also founded the Holiday Inn Hotel chain. It is now part of the Holiday Inn Vacation Club, which is part of the Holiday Inn corporation. For more info see this... http://tinyurl.com/23uovv You can exchange Orange Lake points in RCI, but you go thru the Holiday Inn Vacation Club "reps" to access RCI. Also, Orange Lake points are worth half of their point value thru RCI, but I believe it still ends up being an even exchange, more or less, to exchange an Orange Lake 2 bedroom for an RCI 2 Bedroom of the same value. Also, Orange Lake is highly rated in RCI, so the rooms exchange well. Finally, Orange Lake is so big that technically, it is listed as, I believe, 4 resorts in RCI (and Red Week dot Com)... -West Village - the oldest section, comprised of mainly golf villas with private entrances. -East Village -North Village -River Island - This is the newest section. It is the smallest and is all high rises. All of the rooms are close to the pool area. Even though the resort is separated into these sections, as a guest or owner, you can consider it one resort and can use the pools, amenities and golf courses of any "village".