Report Abuse

Re: Maintenance Fees

This is a reply to ng: First of all, you have to be aware that, if you buy directly through the Manhattan Club, you are paying highly inflated prices compared to if you bought through a current owner (yes, I am looking to sell, but this is not the only reason I am telling you this). The Club sells units for upwards of $30,000 whereas on Red Week and through individual owners who are members, they go for peanuts because we are all over our heads with the outrageous maintenance fees. Do you really want to spend big bucks on a timeshare and then, every single year, have to shell out upwards of $2,100 in maintenance fees? Maybe it is worth it to some who really think NYC is "it" but we need to move on. I have a studio unit with TMC that we paid $27,000 for in 2005. I am now shopping it around trying to get what I still owe for it which is around $5000. If you check out what TMC wants for this same unit, you will see the disparity I am talking about. The other downside of being an owner at TMC is that you have to be willing to book your week at least 9 months in advance and there is NO cancelling or rescheduling this once you do. Owners are having trouble getting weeks they are entitled to whereas renters are having NO trouble doing this on Expedia and other websites. Good luck to you, and get in touch if you have any interest in buying from me or another disgruntled owner who just wants out!